Tuesday 18 September 2007

Amsterdamned Part Two....

Where was I? Oh yes, I was over here in the corner (in the spotlight and very probably losing my religion into the bargain).

As I was saying (before I was so rudely interrupted by the need for sleep) Tallulah and I have recently returned from a trip to the beautiful city of Amsterdam.

While there we visited a great many famous sights including the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum and the moving (and also surprisingly hopeful) Anne Frank House. A substantial amount of eggs and cheese were also consumed during the visit - these are apparently the cornerstones of Dutch cuisine which has led me to theorise that the Dutch are actually descended from the Welsh.

(Further evidence for this theory can be found in the fact that the Netherlands, alone amongst its European neighbours, produces a large number of rugby players and male voice choirs.)


I would now like to present to you a photograph entitled: "The importance of not building a house when you have partaken of too much Dutch Gin". This will give you a flavour of our holiday in Amsterdam.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Was the flavour eggs, cheese or Dutch gin? Or gigantic windows? Do windows have a flavour? I imagine they must taste like Fox's glacier mints.

Gin... mmm... I'm imagining how drunk we're all likely to be a year from today.

Hurrah for the Geek!
xx

the geek shall inherit the earth said...

To set certain misconceptions straight once and for all:

1. The flavour was that of old cheese although it smelled of wednesday.

2. Windows do indeed have a flavour although it's the crunch you have to watch out for.

3. I plan to be particularly drunk a year from today and am already taking orders for my round.

Blessed are the Geek!