Tuesday 1 May 2007

Faster than a speeding Sciurus caroliniensis...

Those of you who know me will know that I have always harboured a fondness for weird taxidermy - I was gutted to have missed the opportunity to see Walter Potter's Museum of Curiosities in Cornwall with it's kitten weddings and monkeys riding goats.

I've always considered taxidermy as a viable alternative to burial or cremation in my own case. At least I could make myself useful - one could hang one's hat on my outstretched arm and park the front wheel of one's bicycle between my buttocks.

Well here is another one for the scrapbook. This was featured recently on the SFX website and I had to share. Enjoy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Taxidermy-Super-Squirrel_W0QQitemZ280110065134QQihZ018QQcategoryZ67212QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

2 comments:

Ruth Singer said...

quite marvellous!

TallulahFred said...

Love the taxidermy link! Does this mean I can re-direct the Pyramid Burial Fund into a wedding shoes fund? I also hopes this means I no longer have to die at the same time in order to serve you in the after-life: cos much though I love you, that really was never going to happen!
If I've to have you stuffed, I want to make sure that your arms and legs can be moved around so I can put you in comedy men's fashion magazine poses.