Wednesday 30 May 2007

Depp and the Dodo

Greetings faithful peruser. You find geek in a relatively chipper mood today for he has had a productive weekend.

Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Worlds End last night - enjoyable but definitely overlong, it was the weakest of the three films. It would also really benefit from a betrayal-ometer in the top left-hand corner to keep a track of who was betraying whom to what end at any given time. The film also features a scene where all the roles are played by Johnny Depp - I add this detail as I know at least one reader will immediately want to go and see the film on this basis alone.

I seem to have spent an enormous amount of time staring at a Dodo derriere today. I've been pushing it around on a trolley - such laziness as one would imagine wealth to have come with such renown and the Dodo could probably afford a mobility cart.

Thanks to the contributor to my last post who suggested turning our water feature into a kitten skateboard park. This wins quite a lot of points for originality but loses a number for practicality. Do I really want lots of delinquent EMO kittens hanging around in my garden sniffing glue and giving me cheek? I don't think so!

Anyhoo I have to go and exercise all my willpower to stop myself from watching Big Brother. I have been BB clean for a year now (longer if you count the celebrity version) and I really think I might be able to repeat the trick.

1 comment:

Ruth Singer said...

betrayal-o-meter would have been very useful indeed. despite the excess of Depp in that one scene, there was really too little of him and much too much of the pouty one.
Good luck on the BB withdrawl. You should try the Archers now, it's the thing for the over 30s.