Wednesday 29 November 2006

cutting out diary products

Well here we all are, almost twenty four hours into my life as a blogger. 24 hours is a long time - if I was Jack Bauer I would have beaten those pesky terrorists already and would be sat at home with a mug of Horlicks watching 'Hollyoaks'.

How do I feel - tense?, nervous?, jittery?...

...actually I feel kind of sleepy. Insomnia, I love it.

I thought that I would record some reasons for writing this blog. A long, long time ago (in a galaxy far away) a friend of mine (at the time they were a friend - but these things seem to oscillate) recommended to me that I write a diary.

It was, given the individual in question and our relationship at the time, probably a veiled attempt to say "Why don't you stop bothering me and write a diary?" but the principle was sound. Unfortunately I spurned the suggestion and continued pushing the door of life until I finally noticed it was marked "pull".

A lot has happened since then - I've found love and I've grown older and a very little bit wiser - but I still regret not writing that diary.

In many ways this isn't the diary that I didn't write.

Confused?

1 comment:

Ruth Singer said...

welcome geek. I'm delighted to have you among us.